Friday, August 14, 2009

10 Reasons Why We Absolutely Need Another Browser




I could not stop smiling when I read article stating that we don’t need another web browser, another Twitter applications, another cloud computing solution, etc.

On that take, let me propose the 10 reasons why we absolutely need another web browser.

1) Phishing Protection is still inefficient

2) Web Browser is the main attack vector for cybercrime

3) True Web Browsing Privacy is not supported

4) No one simple solution to move my data with me anywhere

5) Be the owner of my social web

6) New standards support is required (e.g HTML5 )

7) Browser is the new OS

8) Universal Browser Plug-in is not there

9) Need protection for my browsing communication’s channel

10) Peer-to-Peer browsing is nowhere

11) Parental Control web browsing for children anywhere

12) Mobile web browser is still basic

13) Innovation is a continual game



Sorry, I lied; there are more than 10 reasons.

And many of the reasons here are not completely just browser related; however, web browser is the main window to the Internet. Therefore, anything related to the Internet is impacting the web browser. Actually, on each point, I could come out with a dozen more. I don’t know if you know, but we are at the very early stage of the Internet. Web 3.0 is not here yet, Cloud Computing is just beginning, augmented reality is just starting, Internet Virtualization is just been conceived.

If your argument is to say, not another web browser framework, not another Webkit, or another browser standard, I’ll certainly buy into the argument. Apart from that, we absolutely need another web browser.




No comments: